We have reached the halfway mark of APT Korea Seoul 2019 taking place at Grand Walkerhill Paradise Casino. The series has been running since May 29 and is scheduled to conclude on Sunday, June 9. There are still plenty of trophies to be won including the second featured tournament, the CHAMPIONSHIPS EVENT – KRW 180 Million guaranteed.
Alike the Main Event, this event comes with a custom-made deep structure. Blinds escalate at a slow 60 minute pace. Due to its higher buy-in, it tends to attract a tighter field of pros. This will be the first time the APT brings the Championships Event to Seoul.
Championships Event – KRW 180 Million guarantee
Dates: June 5 to 9
Buy-in: KRW 1,980,000 (~USD 1,700)
Entries: multiple; best stack forward rule
Starting stack: 50,000 (250x opening blinds 100-200)
Registration: closes at the start of Level 10 in Day 2
Day 1A: Wednesday, June 5 – play 8 levels
Day 1B: Thursday, June 7 – play 8 levels
Day 2: Friday, June 7 – play 8 levels
Day 3: Saturday, June 8 – play to Final 8 players
Final 8: Sunday, June 9
If you are just getting wind of the festival and this event, the Shot Clock is in effect for all the games. The APT also utilizes the Ante BB format.
- The “ANTE BB” format utilizes the ante first rule before the big blind. This rule applies in the event that the big blind player cannot cover the full amount of both the ANTE and BB.
- The “ANTE BB” structure remains the same regardless of the number of players at a table.
Bubble Protection will also be in effect at the Championships Event. This is a great incentive for everyone attending the event. It is a type of insurance for players on the bubble round. If a protected player falls on the bubble, then that player will receive his/her buy-in back in the form of APT tournament credits. To be eligible, all you need to do is follow these three simple steps:
- Draw for your seat before starting time
- Have your chips put into play before the first hand is dealt
- For re-entry players, if you have already met the qualifications for Bubble Protection, you will maintain that status only on a same day re-entry.
- For re-entry players wanting Bubble Protection on the next starting day, you will have to repeat the steps above. This also applies to players going for multiple stacks.
- Tournament credits are only valid for one (1) year.