The Asian Poker Tour is back in Taiwan and with us a much richer APT Main Event!
The APT Main Event is our top of the line tournament complete with a structure highly praised in the region. For the APT Taiwan 2019 festival, we have upped the guarantee to a sweeter TWD 6 million (~USD 193,000), that’s TWD 2 million more than our inaugural visit. The event runs from October 10 to 15 at partner and host venue Chinese Texas Hold’em Poker Association aka CTP Club.
Just a quick reminder, several changes have been made and new elements added. The APT Taiwan Main Event now runs a total of six days with three starting days. Late registration has been extended for one more level, closing at the start of Level 11 in Day 2. The format remains as the Ante Big Blind and the Shot Clock will be introduced when it is down to the final six tables. All details available in the Player Booklet.
Main Event info
Buy-in: TWD 33,000
Starting time: 1pm daily
Day 1A: Thursday, October 10
Day 1B: Friday, October 11
Day 1C: Saturday, October 12
Day 2: Sunday, October 13
Day 3: Monday, October 14
Final 8 Day: Tuesday, October 15
- All starting days play until the end of Level 9
- Each level runs for 60 minutes
- Bubble Protection in effect (see below)
- Registration closes at the start of Level 11 in Day 2
- Multiple stacks allowed but only the best stack advances
- Day 2 runs until the end of Level 17
- Day 3 runs until the Final 8 players is reached
- For players looking to enter at a lower cost, there are satellites offered leading up to the event
Bubble Protection is a one of the best perks for players attending the Main Event. In the event that a “bubble protected player” busts on the bubble, that player will receive his/her buy-in back in the form of APT Tournament credits (valid for one year). Since its inception in 2016, Bubble Protection has saved several players from walking away empty-handed. To be eligible, all you need to do is follow the easy steps below:
- Draw for your seat before starting time
- Have your chips put into play on the first deal of Level 1
Main Event defender
This year has awarded eight APT Main Event champions. Winners received the APT Main Event Trophy, APT Championship Ring, and of course a big cash prize. At the inaugural APT Taiwan Main Event, Hong Kong player Cliff Chow shipped TWD 2,443,800 (~USD 79,400) for his victory. We wait to see if he will return to defend his title.