Participation in any APT tournament means that a player agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. You acknowledge that APT, on its own and through authorized third parties, will be photographing, videotaping, filming and creating other audio and/or visual works (collectively referred to as “Works”) of or about the APT EVENT before, during, and after said event and APT and its authorized third parties will be using and exploiting the Works in: (a) films, television shows, programs and other audio and/or visual programs or its host sites; (b) merchandise and other materials of any kind or nature bearing the APT logo; and (c) all types of advertising and promotion for the APT circuit and tournaments, Programs, Merchandise, and host sites, including without limitation print, direct mail, e-mail, Internet, indoor and outdoor signage, radio, and television advertisements. You hereby consent to being photographed, filmed, and taped (including without limitation behind-the-scenes photograph, filmed and audiotape interviews with player). Player further consents to APT’s worldwide use and exploitation of your name, voice, likeness, image, caricatures, nicknames, signature, mannerisms, traits, speech, phrases, and other unique personal characteristics and as they appear in any photographs, films or other audio and/or visual works of the Event. You hereby agree that you will make no claim of any kind against APT as a result of any of the uses described above, and you irrevocably and unconditionally waives and releases APT, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and designees, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, servants, employees, representatives, insurers, licensees, designees, successors, in interest and invitees, from any and all claims arising out of such use, including, without limitation, any claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of Player’ rights of publicity, false endorsement, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights of any kind or nature.
2. You agree to the recording and/or broadcasting and/or live relay of the contribution and hereby grant to us all consent necessary to enable us to make the fullest use of the contribution throughout the universe in perpetuity by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter developed or discovered, in the programme for which your contribution has been recorded and any other programmes, without liability (save as specifically hereinafter provided) or acknowledgement to you. You hereby grant us the right to issue publicity concerning the contribution and any programme in which it may be included, and for such purpose to use and reproduce your name and photograph and recordings and/or copies of any description of the contribution.
3. In recognition of the needs of film and television production, we shall be entitled to edit, copy, add to, take from, adapt or translate the contribution as we see fit, and in respect of the contribution, you irrevocably waive the benefits of and agree not to assert any provision of law known as “moral rights” or any similar laws of any jurisdiction. We do not undertake to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise exploit the contribution.
4. You warrant and undertake to us (a) that you are fully entitled to give the contribution to us, (b) that nothing in the contribution (whether by way of inflection or gesture or otherwise) will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, constitute a contempt of court, be defamatory or be calculated to bring any broadcaster into disrepute and (c) that all facts expressed by you in the contribution are, to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and insofar as the contribution contains any opinions, these opinions are your own and are genuinely and truly held by you.
5. You agree to indemnify us against all and any costs, claims, expenses and liabilities (including without limitation, legal fees and any sums paid on the advice of counsel) resulting from breach by you of any of the agreements, warranties and/or undertakings on your part contained in this agreement.)
- As a player of the Asian Poker Tour, you agree to the following regulations pertaining to wearing branded clothing and using branded items during the event. Players will be allowed to wear company logos/branding on their shirts provided that the following restrictions are accepted:
- One breast pocket logo no larger than 70 square cm
- Two upper shirt sleeve logos no larger than 25 square cm. (One on each sleeve)
- No other branding on any part of the clothing or body.
- Baseball caps and card protectors with logos will be allowed but no logos must be visible on them on the TV table.
- Players can be sponsored by a company only before the tournament starts.
- No more than 10% of the overall entry field at any event on the ‘APT’ can wear the branding/logos of any single company with the exception of the headline sponsor of that event. If more than 10% of the players from any single company are wearing the branding/logos of any single company, then the players themselves or a company representative must decide which players wear the branded clothing. If no decision is made, then APT will high card the players to make a decision.
- No more than 2 players on the final table can wear the logos of any single company. If more than 2 players from any single company reach the final table then the players themselves or a company representative must decide which 2 players wear the branded clothing. If no decision is made, then APT will high card the players to make a decision. Any player starting the final table with no logos must remain wearing no logos throughout the final.
- APT and the Tournament Director will have absolute discretion to approve the clothing and apparel worn by the players during the event. They will also have the right to remove any logo, image or words on the players’ clothing and apparel, which in the opinion of APT or the Tournament Director contravenes the requirements of the commissioning broadcaster, APT or any regulatory body.
6. You agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of The Asian Poker Tour and/or the rules of the venue, concerned copies of which are freely available to inspect at the venue or on the associated website theasianpokertour.com. By participating in the APT event, you are deemed to have accepted all relevant terms, conditions, rules and regulations, any sanction or consequence that a violation thereof carries. In the event of non-compliance with any of APT’s rules and regulations, you hereby agree and accept that in the event of any dispute arising concerning any matter relating to the rules and regulations, such as but not limited to, the inherent wearing of apparel branded or otherwise therein, or any other matter relating to the event, that the decision of the Tournament Director is final.
7. You agree to make yourself available to attend press conferences and/or interviews, and awarding ceremonies at any reasonable time during the APT event if requested by the APT or the Tournament Director.
8. You agree to disclose your hole cards to the hole camera on the Final Table and/or Feature Table. Refusal to do so could lead to possible disqualification from the event with no cash prize awarded nor refunds given.
9. You agree to the deduction of a maximum of 10% from the prize pools of the Main Event and Side Event which will be allocated to the Tournament Staff.
10. You agree to cooperate with any feasible request from the APT during the event to in publicizing, televising or promoting the event.
11. You agree that your contact information will be added to the APT database and as such may receive marketing material related to the APT.
12. This agreement may be freely assigned or licensed by us. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the host Country of the APT Event and any suit arising from this document shall be exclusively heard and tried in the courts of the Country of the APT Event.
The Asian Poker Tour will be implementing the Poker Tournament Directors Association’s Rules (2017 Rules Version 3.0, Oct 24, 2017) for the duration of its tournaments and events. In addition, the below rules will also be implemented:
- Players are not allowed to smoke in the tournament area, violating this rule will result in a penalty.
- Players caught smoking at the table will receive a one round penalty.
- Late players being seated into an open seat after the start of a tournament/satellite will receive a full stack and will be dealt in immediately if possible.
Close of Registration
- Main Event registration will close at the start of round 10.
- Satellites will close at the end of the first break.
- Registration for all other events will close at the start of round 7.
Determining the Button
- At the start of the tournament and all redraws the button will be determined by a high card.
Forward Motion Rule
- Players moving chips in a forward motion (across their hole cards) may be forced to put all of the chips in hand into the pot.
- Tournaments/satellites paying less than a full table will redraw at the final table.
- Tournaments/satellites paying 1 full table only will redraw at two tables and the final table.
- Tournaments/satellites paying above a full table will re-draw at 3 tables, 2 tables and the final table.
Hand for Hand Play
- Players will not be allowed to visit other tables during hand for hand play and are requested to stay at their tables.
- Players can be penalized after a warning has been issued.
- Players should not reveal their hand in an “All in and Call” situation or with a player/players all in after the action has been completed on the river card until requested by the Tournament Director.
Re-Entry Policy: Multiple re-entry allowed before the close of registration:
- Main and Championships Events: start of level 10
- Monster Stack: start of level 9
- Side Events and Satellites: start of level 7 unless specified
- High Rollers: based on number of entries
Best stack forward format:
- Players that qualify to Day 2 from a previous Day 1 may re-enter a new Starting Day.
- Players qualifying with multiple stacks to Day 2 will only play their largest stack. Other stacks will be removed from play.
- Players are allowed to forfeit their stack before close of registration to re-enter.
Seat/s Won Through Satellites Hosted by the APT
- All seat/s won through satellites hosted by the Asian Poker Tour are nontransferable and must be played on the specified date, if allocated.
- In the event that a player wins more than enough seats for the allowed starting days or qualifies through the FIRST starting day, cash will be awarded for the remaining seat/s
Deal Making and Deal Facilitation
- Deal making is allowed in all APT tournaments, unless otherwise specified or announced in a specific tournament.
For deal making, the following rules shall apply:
- APT will not participate in the deal making process, but will only serve to facilitate deals between players under the conditions specified under this rule.
- If requested, APT will assist in providing computations for a deal being done based on the percentage of chips that each player has using the Individual Chip Modular (ICM) system. If a deal is being done based on ICM, and it results in a player/s getting more than 1st place money as originally posted [Section 9.1 below], the excess will be divided accordingly to the percentage to the other remaining players involved in the deal.
- APT will facilitate one deal only, and once an agreement has been reached on a deal, no other deals will be permitted.
- Payout will be in accordance with the deal made.
- Deals that lock up all the prize money to the players involved, stops the tournament. The player with the most chips will be deemed the champion. The champion will be awarded the champion’s trophy along with any other perks that maybe included.
- In order to continue playing to the champion’s trophy and any other perks that maybe included; a minimum of five percent (5%) of the 1st place prize money, as originally posted, must be held out of the deal and played for. This 5% hold-out will be awarded to the eventual champion to ensure the integrity of the tournament’s finish.
- APT will only facilitate a deal once play reaches the final table.
- Players are only permitted to discuss a deal at the completion of a hand or during a break.
- Any discussions on a deal must be made in the presence of the APT Tournament Director or his designated APT representative.
- All players on the final table must indicate their willingness to take part in a deal negotiation before the Tournament Director can pause the tournament clock. If the tournament clock is paused for negotiations on a deal, players will not be permitted to leave the final table to discuss the deal.
- Players will be penalized for badgering or pressuring a player that refuses to make a deal.
- When a player refuses to make a deal, no suggestions of another deal will be made until a player is eliminated or a major change in chips has been from player to player.
- Any deal cannot be made under the following terms:
- Award a player more than the amount of 1st place prize money as originally posted;
- Due to the 5% to be played for under Section 2 of this Rule, a player cannot be awarded the originally posted 1st place money at the time a deal is made;
- All players involved in the deal made and agreed to under this rule, must sign a written waiver acknowledging the deal they’ve made and payment of the prize money in accordance with the agreed shares.