Congratulations to Canada’s Ryan Tack Yu, who is also of Korean descent, for being the first APT Main Event Champion to be crowned in Korea. From a total of 166 entries, Yu was the last man standing in the APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 USD $1,100 Main Event at the Royal Palace Casino located within the Jeju Oriental Hotel.
After defeating Japan’s Takuya Kato, Yu picked USD 36,100 in prize money in addition to the trophy and pride of being an APT Main Event Champion.
Main Event Final Eight Payout:
- Ryan Tack Yu (Canada) – USD 30,100
- Takuya Kato (Japan) – USD 29,100
- Zhixiong Tan (China) – USD 16,700
- Xiang Li (China) – USD 12,200
- Xiaoyong Liao (China) – USD 10,100
- Yoichi Uesugi (Japan) – USD 8,300
- Chen Cao (China) – USD 6,800
- Casey Kastle (Slovenia) – USD 5,700
The day then ended with Hong Kong’s Stephen Lai winning the 6 Handed event. This is the second title he took down after winning the previous night’s Deep Stack Turbo 3 and cap off his run in Jeju.
6 Handed Payout:
- Stephen Lai (Hong Kong) – USD 2,540
- Franklin Yat To Ha (Hong Kong) – USD 2,270
- Hisahi Ogi (Japan) – USD 2,150
- Eemil Tuominen (Finland) – USD 1,610
- Ada Zhiru Chen (China) – USD 1,610
Check out the complete APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Event Results.
The APT then goes back to Resorts World Manila for the Asian Poker Tour Philippines from April 17th to the 24th. For more details, check out the Asian Poker Tour Philippines Event Info