From the 63 players that made it to Day 2 of the APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Main Event, we now have our final 18 players who are all in the money with Canada’s Ryan Yu leading the way with 403,000 in chips.
Azuza Maeda of Japan was the bubble boy when his pocket nines walked into aces. On the river, Maeda hit his set but unfortunately it was the 9♦ completing a flush for his opponent. Other players not making it to Day 2 were Day 1 chip leaders Liu Feng and Jae Kyung Sim along with Raiden Kan and Kristian Faering, who is currently in second place in the 2013 APT Player of the Year standings, will need to earn his points through the rest of tournaments this week.
Main Event Day 3 Final Eighteen Chip Count
- Ryan Yu (Canada) – 403,000
- Daniel Hyongin Lee (United States) – 390,000
- Jiang Tao (China) – 335,000
- Jun Wang (China) – 282,000
- Tan Zhi Xiong (China) – 225,000
- Liao Xiaoyong (China) – 201,000
- Tyson Lee (Canada) – 164,000
- Li Xiang (China) – 163,000
- Tsuneaki Takeda (Japan) – 161,000
- Casey Kastle (Slovenia) – 160,000
- Liu Zheng Peng (China) – 154,000
- Junichi Nakagiri (Japan) – 132,000
- Chen Chao (China) – 119,000
- Yoichi Fujiya (Japan) – 118,000
- Uesugi Yoichi (Japan) – 105,000
- Taku Yokato (Japan) – 86,000
- Sun Ning (China) – 77,000
- Okazaki Koji (Japan) – 45,000
In the day’s side events, Japan’s Tetsuya Tsuchikawa took down the USD 550 Freezeout 4 for his second title at APT’s inaugural event in Korea. He outlasted the 35-player field to take home USD 5,540.
Freezeout 4 Payout:
- Tetsuya Tsuchikawa (Japan) – USD 5,540
- Yuri Ishida (Japan) – USD 3,740
- Ben Abrahams (Thailand) – USD 2,960
- Sparrow Cheung (Hong Kong) – USD 2,480
- Dongying Ling (China) – USD 2,250
Christophe Grenouilloux from France bagged the USD 1,520 top prize in the Deep Stack Turbo 2 event. It was multinational top five as Huang Qi Yuan, Ronnie Tate, John Edward Lewis and Lawrence Chung completed the money list.
Deep Stack Turbo 2 Payout:
- Christophe Grenouilloux (France) – USD 1,520
- Qiyuan Huang (China) – USD 1,030
- Ronnie Tate (USA) – USD 810
- John Edward Lewis (Australia) – USD 680
- Lawrence Chung (Canada) – USD 620
The APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 continues tomorrow with Day 3 of the Main Event followed by the Heads Up and Deep Stack Turbo 3 events. Check out the complete APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Event Details.