Today’s 87 entries plus Day 1A’s 79 brings the total number of entries to 166 in the APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Main Event in Jeju, Korea. A field of 63 players will contend for Day 2 starting at 1PM tomorrow with Finland’s Liu Feng as the overall chip leader followed by Day 1A chip leader Jae Kyung “Simba” Sim (140,000).
Notable players also making it to Day 2 from today are Sparrow Cheung and Casey Kastle while APT regulars Ben Abrahams and Hisashi Ogi were sent to the rail.
Top 10 Main Event Chip Leaders:
- Liu Feng (Finland) – 167,600
- Simba (South Korea) – 140,000
- Okazaki Koji (Japan) – 127,800
- Lisa Wei (China) – 97,000
- Liao Xiaoyony (China) – 95,000
- Bing Yang (China) – 94,200
- Xu Hao Yu (China) – 84,700
- Yoichi Fujiya (Japan) – 83,200
- John Lewis (Australia) – 78,500
- Lee Shang (China) – 77,800
In the side events, well-known player in the Asian poker circuit Raiden Kan from Hong Kong took down the Freezout 3 event for USD 4,730. During the last four players, who were all in the money, a deal was struck based on chip counts with 15 percent of first place still to be played for.
Freezeout 3 Event Payout:
- Raiden Kan (Hong Kong) – USD 4,730
- Wen Lin Chung (Taiwan) – USD 1,975
- Franklin Ha (Hong Kong) – USD 1,975
- Hsiao Wei Kuo (Taiwan) – USD 2,750
While Japan’s Takuo Serita won the Deep Stack Turbo 1 event for a payday of USD 1,160 after a deal was struck among the last four players. Serita bested fellow Japanese Takahashi Makoto and Ryoichi Saito.
Deep Stack Turbo 1 Event Payout:
- Takuo Serita (Japan) – USD 1,160
- Takahashi Makoto (Japan) – USD 790
- Ryoichi Saito (Japan) – USD 790
- Zhiru Chen (China) – USD 800
- Matthew Marieta (Hong Kong) – USD 530
The Asian Poker Tour’s inaugural event in Korea continues tomorrow with Day 2 of the Main Event followed by the USD 550 Freezeout 4 and USD 110 Deep Stack Turbo 2. Check out the complete APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Event Details.