Taiwan’s Carlos Chang has outlasted a field of 268 entries to win the HKD $25,000 buy-in Asian Poker Tour (APT) Macau Main Event. The tournament concluded last night and saw Chang score a whopping HKD $1,913,100 (USD $246,625) in prize money when he defeated Team Poker King’s Winfred Yu at heads up.
DafaPoker Ambassador Richard Zhu had the chip lead going into final table but was, unfortunately, a big contributor to Chang’s win. At three-handed, Chang got the better of Zhu in two key hands when he rivered a full house and then a flush, getting paid on both occasions.
Chang was then able to knock Zhu out in third and went into the heads up with a huge 7:1 chip lead. The final hand came a short while later when both players checked a flop of J♦ 10♠ 4♥. On the A♦ turn Yu shoved on a bluff with Q♣ 4♣ but Chang made the call with 10♦ 8♦ for a pair of tens and a flush draw. The river J♠ meant it was all over and Yu went home with HKD $1,016,400 in runner-up prize money.
APT Macau Final Table Payouts
1. Carlos Chang (Taiwan) – HKD $1,913,100
2. Winfred Yu (Hong Kong) – HKD $1,016,400
3. Richard Zhu (China) – HKD $478,300
4. Aaron Lim (Australia) – HKD $358,700
5. Tom Alner (England) – HKD $299,000
6. Ai Min Zhang (China) – HKD $239,200
7. Yue Qing Zhou (China) – HKD $179,400
8. Yi Po Lee (Taiwan) – HKD $122,600
9. Sam Razavi (England) – HKD $110,600
10. Martin Nilsson (Sweden) – HKD $101,700
Check out the complete APT Macau 2012 Event Results.
Up next is the Asian Poker Tour’s first event in Mauritius – APT Asian Series Mauritius 2012. See you there!