APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge Main Event Structure and Rules
• Where and when will the APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge be held?
• What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
• Will credit cards be accepted at the Resorts World Manila for buy ins to APT tournaments?
• Can players buy in to the tournaments with RWM points or RWM casino chips?
• What is the game type of the Main Event?
• What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
• What is the maximum number of players?
• Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
• How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
• How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
• How does a player register for an APT event?
• Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events/ satellites?
• Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
• What identification do I need to enter an Asian Poker Tour event?
• What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
• Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the USD 700 buy-in?
• What are the tax implications if a player wins?
• Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Satellites & Events
• Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
• Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
• Are there other events apart from the Main Event?
• How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the Venue Satellite Events?
• What stakes are available for the cash games?
• I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
• Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
• What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
• What currency is used in the Philippines?
• Is there a dress code for the tournament?
• Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Entering the Philippines as a Tourist
APT Main Event STRUCTURE & RULES
Where and when will the APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge be held?
The APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge will be held from December 11th to the 15th 2013 at Resorts World Manila in Pasay City, Philippines.
The buy-in for the Main Event is USD 700 (USD 640 + USD 60).
The base currency for the Main Event buy in and all the rest of the buy ins for all tournaments during the APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge is the United States Dollar. In addition, the Resorts World Manila Cashiers can also accept Philippine Peso and other major foreign currencies but the amount will be based on the US Dollar conversion rate at the time of the transaction.
Please note that the following series US Dollar bills are not accepted by the RWM Cashiers:
Series 2001 CA, CB, CF and AB 1996
Will credit cards be accepted at the Resorts World Manila for buy ins to APT tournaments?
Yes. Players will be able to buy in to any APT tournament via credit card although there will be an additional charge of 3%-5% for the transaction depending on the credit card to be used. Also, please prepare at least three valid IDs which may be asked by the RWM Cashier Cage.
Can players buy in to the tournaments with RWM Player Points or RWM Casino Chips?
Yes. Players who have accumulated RWM Player Points and RWM casino chips can be used as buy ins for APT tournaments. The number of Player Points required to buy in to any APT tournament will be equivalent to the Philippine Peso buy in or a ratio of Php 1 = 1 RWM Player Point.
What is the game type of the APT-RWM Iron Man Main Event?
The game type for the APT Main Event is No Limit Texas Hold’em.
What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
The minimum requirement to play in any APT event in the Philippines is 21 years of age.
What is the maximum number of players?
We expect over 250 players to participate in the Main Event. We will accept alternates and late entries until the close of registration (start of level 7).
Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
Players can reserve seats by pre-paying, qualifying online and winning in land-based satellites. Check under Qualifiers on the APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge Info Page.
How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
Payment will need to be made by close of business on Friday (December 6, 2013). After this date, you will need to buy in at the venue. Next, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that the payment has been sent, including the following information:
- the bank that the wire is coming from
- the person that the wire is coming from
- exactly what was specified in the “Reference” field of the wire
This will help us in locating your wire.
Once the payment has cleared, you will be allocated your first day of play.
Wire Transfer Details:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
After sending us your payment information and once payment has been cleared, we will send you a confirmation e-mail that will state receipt of payment.
How does a player register for an APT Event?
Step 1. Register with the Asian Poker Tour
- Players will approach the APT Player Registration Team and fill in the Player Registration/Release Form.
- Players will need to present a valid ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) as proof of identity and age.
- Players will be issued an APT Player Registration Card. Players are advised to keep this card for the duration of the Event and will serve as proof that they have registered with the APT.
- Players will then advise the APT Registration Staff of the tournament/s he/she wants to join. The Players will then be issued Tournament Slips to be brought to the Cashier Cage for payment.
Step 2. Pay for the buy in at the Cashier Cage
- Players will then bring the Tournament Slip to the Cashier.
- Players will pay for their buy in ONLY at the Cashier Cage.
- Once payment has been received and confirmed, the Cashier will stamp the Tournament Slip which will serve as the Tournament Receipt.
Step 3. Present Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for the Seat Card
- Players will present the Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for their Seat Card.
- Players will be required to wear their APT Player’s ID while in the tournament.
- *The Tournament Staff release seat cards between 5-10 minutes before the start of each tournament
Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events?
All players who wish to play in any tournament an APT Event are required to fill out the Player Registration/Release Form and get an APT Player ID/Card.
Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
If a registered player cannot make it to the event for whatever reason, they should inform the APT by phone or by e-mail. A paid player can normally waive their rights to the seat in favour of someone else granted that he provides the recipient with an affidavit of transfer and a photocopy of the registered player’s ID. Both these documents should be presented by the recipient along with the recipient’s ID during registration so that the transfer can be processed.
For LAND-BASED qualifiers, transfer/assignment of seats will depend on the terms specified by the Sponsor (i.e. Poker Room the seat/package was won from).
For ONLINE qualifiers, please refer to the terms & conditions of the poker room from which they qualified.
Seat transfers will always bu subject to final approval of the Asian Poker Tour.
What identification do I need to enter an APT Event?
Locals are required to present a valid photo ID while non-residents are required to show either a passport, consular identification, or alien registration card.
What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
The structure will be as follows:
Starting Chips: 50,000
Starting Blinds: 25-50
Levels 1-10 = 60 minutes
Levels 11-20 = 90 minutes
Levels 21 and up = 120 minutes
This may be subject to change without notice.
Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the USD 700 buy-in?
Yes, same Day Re-Entry is ALLOWED before the start of Round 7.
What are the tax implications if a player wins?
Players are responsible for their own taxes if applicable in their country of residence.
Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Spectators can watch the tournament from designated areas.
SATELLITES AND EVENTS
Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
Are there other events apart from the APT Main Event?
Yes. There will be Cash games, Mega/Super Satellite Tournaments for the Main Event and other Side Tournaments that will be scheduled for the duration of the APT Event. Check out the complete Event Schedule
How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the APT Venue Satellite Events?
For every USD 700, One (1) seat to the Main Event seat will be awarded.
What stakes are available for the cash games?
Cash games will start off from Php 25/50 and up at the Resorts World Manila Poker Room.
Since re-entries are allowed on Day 1A, excess seats can be used to re-enter until the close of Registration.
All Satellite seats won should be used towards qualifying to in the Main Event. Excess seats will be monitored so that these are used to qualify in the Main Event. Refunds for excess seats will be done on at a specified time on December 14, 2013.
Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
A variety of APT merchandise will be available for purchase at the venue. All Main Event players will receive a complimentary welcome pack.
What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
Yes, to be announced. Check under Hotel Accommodations on the APT-RWM Iron Man Poker Challenge Info Page.
What currency is used in the Philippines?
The primary currency used in the Philippines is the Philippine Peso.
Is there a dress code during the tournament?
Shorts, sleeveless shirts, flip-flops and chappals are not allowed.
Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Yes. Please contact us for further information.
ENTERING THE PHILIPPINES AS A TOURIST
Do I need a visa to enter the Philippines?
Generally the answer is no; majority of foreign nationals are allowed to enter the Philippines for business and tourism purposes without visas for a duration of twenty-one (21) days provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay.
For the exact details of the allowed duration of stay, please check the following website:
Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
+632 834 4000