The Asian Poker Tour, in partnership with Poker King Club and Sociedade de Jogos de Macau (SJM), is pleased to announce it will be closing out the year with the APT Finale 2016 in Macau! Scheduled to run from December 7th-15th, the nine-day finale will be held at the Crystal Palace in Casino Lisboa. (Please note this event is subject to final regulatory approval)
Last month, the APT held its Macau comeback festival having been absent from the gambling capital for three years. In just two short months, the APT heads back in full force, determined to wrap up the year with non-stop thrilling poker festivities and a Player’s Party to celebrate the end of a highly vibrant calendar year.
Throughout the festival, the finale will feature its highlight event, the HKD 11,000 buy-in APT Finale Macau Main Event, and 17 exciting APT signature side events. Included in that list are two new tournaments, the Main Warm Up and a special event, the Super High Rollers.
APT Finale Macau Main Event
In October, China’s Guo Dong defeated a field filled with pros from all over the world to capture his first-ever APT Main Event championship title in Macau. In addition to the prize money, he was awarded one of the coveted APT Championship Rings, an exclusive prize given only to Main Event champions. The last silver band of the year is now up for grabs. Here are the details on the upcoming APT Finale Macau Main Event. Buy-in is HKD 11,000.
- Day 1A – Saturday, December 10th
- Day 1B – Sunday, December 11th
- Day 2 – Monday, December 12th
- Day 3 – Tuesday, December 13th (race to the Final 8)
- Final Day – Wednesday, December 14th
For those looking to get into the main at a lower cost, there will be Main Event satellites offered daily leading up to it.
APT Finale 2016 Macau Side Events
There are a wide variety of side events offered at the festival with buy-ins ranging from HKD 1,100 to HKD 200,000. While there are staple APT events on the roster, with the best structures to boast of, there are also exciting new ones added to the list. Here’s a rundown of all the events to expect:
- Poker King Cup HKD 300,000 Guaranteed is one of the most popular events in the roster. Players get an early start to try and win a big piece of the guarantee. Winning this will certainly set you up with a healthy bankroll for the rest of the week. Both entry flights will be held on the same day. This is a two-day event. Buy-in is HKD 2,200
- Head Hunter 1,000/Bounty is another highly popular event with action fast and brutal at the onset as players try to earn multiple bounties. Buy-in is HKD 4,400
- High Rollers – although this event traditionally has a smaller field, it does bring out the big guns to the felt; this a two-day event, buy-in is HKD 33,000
- Monster Stack – players seek out this event for its deep starting stack allowing for a lot of playing time and a nice hefty payout; this is a two-day event, buy-in is HKD 8,800
- No Limit Hold’em events ranging from HKD 2,200 – HKD 4,400
- Ante Up for Charity – play poker for a cause, buy-in is HKD 1,500
- Deep Stack Turbo events are some of the most enjoyable tournaments to enter with buy-ins ranging from HKD 1,100 – HKD 2,200
- Six-Handed Turbo w/Antes is one of the last events of the festival and is the only short-handed event offered. Buy-in is HKD 2,200
The newest tournaments on the roster are:
- Main Event Warm Up (NEW) – this is a two-day event to help get in the groove before the main. Buy-in is HKD 7,700.
- Super High Rollers (Special Event) – there has been a big demand for this type of event within the past few years and is a welcome addition to the APT roster; this is a two-day event with a buy-in of HKD 200,000
APT Player of the Year 2016 race
Also taking place will be the crowning moment of the APT Player of the Year 2016 champion to be held at the Player’s Party. Japan’s Iori Yogo is currently in the lead with UK’s Samad Razavi, the reigning champion for the past four years, right at his coattails. Last year, Yogo came close to dethroning Razavi and since then, has made it his mission to reach the top of the charts this year. He has held the top spot in the overall race since June. The ultimate champion will receive:
- APT Player of the Year Trophy
- USD 10,000 worth of APT Main Event buy-ins at an event of his choice
- Customized APT jacket
- Worldwide recognition as APT Player of the Year through APT Marketing
- Featured in APT 2017 player booklets
The APT will also be awarding USD 2,000 worth of APT tournament buy-ins for each APT Regional Player of the Year winner under these categories:
- APT RPOY Japan
- APT RPOY Korea
- APT RPOY Philippines
- APT RPOY China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Chinese Taipei/Taiwan)
- APT International (player not from any of the above mentioned)
Join us in closing out the successful APT 2016 year, and what better place to celebrate it than in the glam and glitz of Macau! This is a finale you truly do not want to miss!
For more details, check out the APT Finale Macau 2016 Event Info page