Eighteen players were present on the felt for Day 3 of the APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Main Event held at the Royal Palace Casino. After a few levels of action, the Final Eight emerged with Tan Zhi Xiong of China, who was ranked 5th at the start of the day, at the top with 913,000 chips followed by Day 2 chip leader Ryan Yu (823,000).
APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 Final Eight Chip Count:
1. Tan Zhi Xiong (China) – 913,000
2. Ryan Yu (Canada) – 823,000
3. Liao Xiaoyony (China) – 455,000
4. Uesugi Yoichi (Japan) – 414,000
5. Chen Chao (China) – 251,000
6. Li Xiang (China) – 214,000
7. Casey Kastle (Slovenia) – 159,000
8. Takuya Kato (Japan) – 91,000
Meanwhile in the side events, Slovenian Casey Kastle, who is also in the Final Eight of the Main Event, took down the Heads Up event by outplaying Julien Duveau in their best of three match. While Kristian Faering is now just 1.3 points behind current 2013 APT POY standings leader Minsoo Kim courtesy of his third place finish in the event.
Heads Up Payout:
1. Casey Kastle (Slovenia) – USD 5,980
2. Julien Duveau (France) – USD 4,900
3. Kristian Faering (Denmark) – USD 2,320
3. Daniel Lee (United States) – USD 2,320
In the Deep Stack Turbo 3, Stephen Lai from Hong Kong would end on top of the 62-player field to take home the lion’s share of the prize pool and an APT Asian Series Jeju 2013 trophy for his efforts.
Deep Stack Turbo 3 Payout:
- Stephen Lai (Hong Kong) – USD 1,680
- Xiaobo Zhou (China) – USD 1,030
- Jianbin Wu (China) – USD 750
- Hisashi Ogi (Japan) – USD 580
- Azusa Maeda (Japan) USD 500
- Cheng Li (China) – USD 440
- Jintao Liu (China) – USD 380
- Seiichiro Sunahata (Japan) – USD 340
- Yue Cao (China) – USD 310
The Final Eight will be back tomorrow to determine the first ever APT Asian Series Main Event Champion in Korea at 2PM while another APT trophy is up for grabs at the USD 330 6 Handed tournament. Follow @AsianPokerTour on Twitter for live updates from the Main Event Final Eight.