APT Asian Series Cambodia 2014 Main Event Structure and Rules
- Where and when will the APT Asian Series Cambodia be held?
- What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
- Will credit cards be accepted at the for buy ins to APT tournaments?
- What is the game type of the Main Event?
- What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in Cambodia?
- What is the maximum number of players?
- Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
- How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
- How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
- How does a player register for an APT event?
- Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events/ satellites?
- Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
- What identification do I need to enter an Asian Poker Tour event?
- What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
- Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the US$ 1,100 Buy In?
- What are the tax implications if a player wins?
- Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Satellites & Events
- Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?• Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
- Are there other events apart from the Main Event?
- How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the Venue Satellite Tournaments?
- What stakes are available for the cash games?
- I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
- What rules do APT Tournaments follow?
- Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
- What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
- What currency is used in the Cambodia?
- Is there a dress code for the tournament?
- Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Entering Cambodia as a Tourist
APT Main Event STRUCTURE & RULES
Where and when will the APT Asian Series Cambodia be held?
The APT Asian Series Cambodia be held from July 23rd to July 30th 2014 at the Queenco Hotel & Casino,Victory Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
The buy-in for the Main Event is US$ 1,100.
The base currency for the Main Event buy in and all the rest of the buy ins for all tournaments during APT Asian Series Cambodia will be the United States Dollar. Also, please note that the Queenco Cashiers will only accept US Dollars for buy ins. Foreign Exchange services are available at the hotel.
Will credit cards be accepted for buy ins to APT tournaments?
Yes, players can go to the Quuenco front Desk to do the transaction. The player will then be issued a receipt which can be taken to the Casino Cage to be changed into cash or chips.
Note: Please prepare at least two (2) valid IDs for verification. There will be a 3% service fee per transaction. There is a US$ 3,000 maximum transaction amount per day.
What is the game type of the APT Asian Series Cambodia Main Event?
The game type for the APT Main Event is No Limit Texas Hold’em.
What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in Cambodia?
The minimum requirement to play in any APT event in Cambodia is 18 years of age. Proof of identity and age may me required.
What is the maximum number of players?
We expect over 300 players to participate. We will accept alternates and late entries until the end of the first break of each starting day. This is the same of all tournament unless specified.
Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
Players can reserve seats by pre-paying, qualifying online and winning in land-based satellites.
How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
Payment will need to be made by close of business on Friday (July 18, 2014). After this date, you will need to buy in at the venue. Next, send an e-mail to email@example.com advising that the payment has been sent, including the following information:
– the bank that the wire is coming from
– the person that the wire is coming from
– exactly what was specified in the “Reference” field of the wire
These will help us in locating your wire.
Wire Transfer Details:
Once the payment has cleared, you will be allocated your first day of play. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
After sending us your payment information and once payment has been cleared, we will send you a confirmation e-mail that will state receipt of payment as well as the schedule of your 1st day of play.
How does a player register for an APT Event?
Step 1. Register with the Asian Poker Tour
- Players will approach the APT Player Registration Team and fill in the Player Registration/Release Form.
- Players will need to present a valid ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) as proof of identity and age.
- Players will be issued an APT Player Registration Card. Players are advised to keep this card for the duration of the Event and will serve as proof that they have registered with the APT.
- Players will then advise the APT Registration Staff of the tournament/s he/she wants to join. The Players will then be issued Tournament Slips to be brought to the Cashier Cage for payment.
Step 2. Pay for the buy in at the Cashier Cage
- Players will then bring the Tournament Slip to the Cashier.
- Players will pay for their buy in ONLY at the Cashier Cage.
- Once payment has been received and confirmed, the Cashier will stamp the Tournament Slip which will serve as the Tournament Receipt.
Step 3. Present Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for the Seat Card
- Players will present the Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for their Seat Card.
- *The Tournament Staff release seat cards between 5-10 minutes before the start of each tournament
- Please don’t forget to bring a valid ID as this will be required for Tournament Registration as proof of identity and age. To join any APT event in the Philippines, players must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Close of Registration
- Main Event registration will close at the start of round 7.
- Satellites, rebuy and/or add-on event registration will close at the end of the first break.
- Registration for all other events will close at the start of round 7.
Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events?
All players who wish to play in any tournament an APT Event are required to fill in the APT Online Player Registration/Release Form and get an APT Player Registration Card/ID.
Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
If a registered player cannot make it to the event for whatever reason, they should inform the APT by phone or by e-mail. A paid player can normally waive their rights to the seat in favour of someone else granted that he provides the recipient with an affidavit of transfer and a photocopy of the registered player’s ID. Both these documents should be presented by the recipient along with the recipient’s ID during registration so that the transfer can be processed.
For LAND-BASED qualifiers, transfer/assignment of seats will depend on the terms specified by the Sponsor (i.e. Poker Room the seat/package was won from).
For ONLINE qualifiers, please refer to the terms & conditions of the poker room from which they qualified.
What identification do I need to enter an APT Event?
Locals are required to present a valid photo ID while non-residents are required to show either a passport, consular identification, or alien registration card.
What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
The structure will be as follows:
Starting Chips: 20,000
Starting Blinds: 25-50
Level Duration: 45 minutes
This is subject to change without notice.
Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the US$ 1,100 buy-in?
Yes. Main Event Re-Entry Policy:
- Same Day Re-Entry is ALLOWED before the start of Round 7.
- Day 1B – allows Re-Entry from Day 1A Qualifiers to Day 2.
- Players Qualifying to Day 2 with 2 Stacks will play the greater stack and the lesser stack will be removed from play.
What are the tax implications if a player wins?
Players are responsible for their own taxes if applicable in their country of residence.
Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Spectators can watch the tournament from designated areas.
SATELLITES AND EVENTS
Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
Please check under Qualifiers on the APT Asian Series Cambodia Info Page.
Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
Please check under Qualifiers on the APT Asian Series Cambodia Info Page.
Are there other events apart from the APT Main Event?
Yes. There will be Cash games, Satellite Tournaments for the Main Event and other Events that will be scheduled for the duration of the APT Event.
Check out the complete Event Schedule.
How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the APT Venue Satellite Events?
For every US$ 1,100 in the prizepool, One (1) seat to the Main Event seat will be awarded.
Will cash games be available?
Yes, cash games will be available.
I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
All seats won through satellites should be used towards qualifying to Day 2 of the Main Event. As long as registration is open, players should use their seats to register.
If a Player has 2 or more seats and has qualified to Day 2, the excess seat/s will be refunded.
What rules do APT Tournaments follow?
The Asian Poker Tour follows the Poker Tournament Directors Association Rules in addition to rules set by the APT. Visit the APT Tournament Rules Page for details.
Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
Yes, APT merchandise will be sold throughout the duration of the event.
What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
Yes, please check under Hotel Accommodations on the APT Asian Series Cambodia Info Page.
What currency is used in Cambodia?
The primary currency used in Cambodia is the Riel, although the US Dollar and Thai Baht are also widely accepted.
Is there a dress code during the tournament?
Shorts, sleeveless shirts, flip-flops and chappals are not allowed.
Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Yes. Please contact us for further information.
Entering the Cambodia as a Tourist
Do I need a visa to enter Cambodia?
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei and Laos are exempted Vietnam visa for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of the Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Cambodia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum or several visits of 6 months at the maximum.
- Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
- For those entering and exiting via Vietnam, please secure a Multiple Entry Visa if needed as every Visa issued is for one time use only.
- The Vietnam-Cambodia border is closed from 9:30 PM – 5:00 am the following day.
Cambodia Visa Exemption:
- Citizens of Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia are exempted Cambodia visa for visits of 30 days at the maximum.