The APT Player of the Year (APT POY) and APT Player of the Series (APT POS) are a cumulative measure of players’ performance throughout a year and a full series.
APT Player of the Year
1) APT Player of the Year Trophy
2) US$ 2,000 worth of Asian Poker Tour event buy-ins
3) Customized APT Jacket
4) Worldwide recognition as APT POY through APT Marketing
5) Featured in APT 2018 Player booklets
APT Player of the Series
1st Exclusive Luxury Watch, Customized Ring, Trophy, and Qualifies to Game of Champions
2nd Trophy and Qualifies to Game of Champions
3rd Trophy and Qualifies to Game of Champions
Formula for APT POS & APT POY = # of Points for Cashing based on Event Category + Addend
|Event Category||Event Type||Points|
|A||Main Event / Championship Event||100|
|B||Multiple Day Opening Event / Warm Up / Monster Stack / High Rollers||75|
|C||Day Time NLH and Omaha Events||65|
|D||1 Day NLH / 6 Max Turbo / OFC Pineapple||55|
|E||Super Deep Stack Turbo / Deep Stack Turbo / Hyper Turbo / Charity Event||50|
|*Addend = Prize Money Won / Buy-In (Fee not Included)
*Points will only be awarded to the Final 10 Players that cash in an event that qualifies for APT POY and APT POS
Lloyd enters the Main Event that has a buy-in of US$1,000 (fee not included) and finishes 5th place earning him US$14,200.
Lloyd’s points toward APT POY and APT POS is 114.2
Formula: 100 points for cashing in a Category A event + 14.2 Addend (US$14,200 prize money / US$1,000 buy-in) = 114.2 Points
“The APT Game of Champions” US$ 10,000 added event!
APT Game of Champions (APT GOC) is an event made for APT POY 2016, APT RPOYs 2016, all APT POS, and Champions of all events in 2017 that will be held at the APT Finale!
Buy-In: US$ 500 + US$ 50
Add-On: US$ 200
Date, Time, and Venue: TBA
- First time qualifiers will receive a 25,000 starting stack
- Players who have qualified more than once will receive 5,000 more chips for every additional time they’ve qualified
- One time add-on before the close of registration to receive 25,000 in chips.
- Event will be a freezeout
- While the prize pool is dependent on the number of players signed up, only the top three places will be awarded the US$10,000 added funds to their winnings (50%,30%, and 20%)
- Chips of players not attending the APT GOC will not be put into play
- Under no circumstances will non-qualifiers be allowed to enter this event
- 3% staff charge on prize pool
|# of Times Qualified||Name||Country||Stack|
|1||Sam Razavi||United Kingdom||25,000|
|1||Hung Sheng Lin||Taiwan||25,000|
Please note that APT reserves the right to change and/or update this promotion without prior notice.