APT Philippines Main Event Structure and Rules
- Where and when will the APT Philippines be held?
- What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
- Will credit cards be accepted at the for buy ins to APT tournaments?
- What is the game type of the Main Event?
- What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
- What is the maximum number of players?
- Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
- How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
- How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
- How does a player register for an APT event?
- Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events/ satellites?
- Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
- What identification do I need to enter an Asian Poker Tour event?
- What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
- Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the US$ 3,300 Buy In?
- What are the tax implications if a player wins?
- Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Satellites & Events
- Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
- Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
- Are there other events apart from the Main Event?
- How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the Venue Satellite Tournaments?
- What stakes are available for the cash games?
- I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
- What rules do APT Tournaments follow?
- Are electronic gadgets allowed inside the casino area?
- Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
- What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
- What currency is used in the Philippines?
- Is there a dress code for the tournament?
- Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Entering the Philippines as a Tourist
APT Main Event STRUCTURE & RULES
Where and when will the APT Philippines be held?
The APT Philippines will be held from April 13th – April 21st at the Level 2 Premier Club of Resorts World Manila (RWM), Pasay City, Philippines.
What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
The buy-in for the Main Event is US$ 3,300.
The base currency for the Main Event buy in and all the rest of the buy ins for all tournaments during the APT Philippines will be the US Dollar. In addition, the RWM Cashiers can also accept Philippine Pesos and other widely used currencies (US Dollar conversion rate will depend at the time of the transaction.)
Please note that the following series US Dollar bills are not accepted by the RWM Cashiers: Series 2001 CA, CB, CF and AB 1996
Will credit cards be accepted for buy ins to APT tournaments?
Yes. Players will be able to buy in to any APT Philippines event by credit card although there will be an additional charge of 3-5% for the transaction depending on the credit card to be used.
Please prepare at least two (2) valid IDs to be able to process the transaction to avoid any inconvenience.
What is the game type of the APT Philippines Main Event?
The game type for the APT Main Event is No Limit Texas Hold’em.
What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
The minimum requirement to play in any APT event in the Philippines is 21 years of age.
What is the maximum number of players?
We expect over 300 players to participate. We will accept alternates and late entries until the end of the first break of each starting day.
Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
Players can reserve seats by pre-paying, qualifying online and winning in land-based satellites.
How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
Payment will need to be made by close of business on Friday (April 10, 2015). After this date, you will need to buy in at the venue. Next, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that the payment has been sent, including the following information:
- the bank that the wire is coming from
- the person that the wire is coming from
- exactly what was specified in the “Reference” field of the wire
These will help us in locating your wire.
Wire Transfer Details:
Once the payment has cleared, you will be allocated your first day of play. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We also accept buy ins online through Skrill. Please contact us for more info
How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
After sending us your payment information and once payment has been cleared, we will send you a confirmation e-mail that will state receipt of payment as well as the schedule of your 1st day of play.
How does a player register for an APT Event?
Step 1. Register with the Asian Poker Tour
- Players will approach the APT Player Registration Team and fill in the Player Registration/Release Form.
- Players will need to present a valid ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) as proof of identity and age.
- Players will be issued an APT Player Registration Card. Players are advised to keep this card for the duration of the Event and will serve as proof that they have registered with the APT.
- Players will then advise the APT Registration Staff of the tournament/s he/she wants to join. The Players will then be issued Tournament Slips to be brought to the Cashier Cage for payment.
Step 2. Pay for the buy in at the Cashier Cage
- Players will then bring the Tournament Slip to the Cashier.
- Players will pay for their buy in ONLY at the Cashier Cage.
- Once payment has been received and confirmed, the Cashier will stamp the Tournament Slip which will serve as the Tournament Receipt.
Step 3. Present Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for the Seat Card
- Players will present the Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for their Seat Card.
- *The Tournament Staff release seat cards between 5-10 minutes before the start of each tournament
- Please don’t forget to bring a valid ID as this will be required for Tournament Registration as proof of identity and age. To join any APT event in the Philippines, players must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Close of Registration
- Main Event registration will close at the start of round 7.
- Satellites, rebuy and/or add-on event registration will close at the end of the first break.
- Registration for all other events will close at the start of round 7.
Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events?
All players who wish to play in any tournament an APT Event are required to fill out the Player Registration/Release Form and get an APT Player Registration Card.
Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
If a registered player cannot make it to the event for whatever reason, they should inform the APT by phone or by e-mail. A paid player can normally waive their rights to the seat in favour of someone else granted that he provides the recipient with an affidavit of transfer and a photocopy of the registered player’s ID. Both these documents should be presented by the recipient along with the recipient’s ID during registration so that the transfer can be processed.
For LAND-BASED qualifiers, transfer/assignment of seats will depend on the terms specified by the Sponsor (i.e. Poker Room the seat/package was won from).
For ONLINE qualifiers, please refer to the terms & conditions of the poker room from which they qualified.
What identification do I need to enter an APT Event?
Locals are required to present a valid photo ID while non-residents are required to show either a passport, consular identification, or alien registration card.
What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
The structure will be as follows:
Starting Chips: 50,000
Starting Blinds: 100-200
Level Duration: 60 minutes
This is subject to change without notice.
Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the US$ 3,300 buy-in?
Yes. Main Event Re-Entry Policy:
- Same Day Re-Entry is ALLOWED before the start of Round 7.
- Day 1B – allows Re-Entry from Day 1A Qualifiers to Day 2.
- Players Qualifying to Day 2 with 2 Stacks will play the greater stack and the lesser stack will be removed from play.
What are the tax implications if a player wins?
Players are responsible for their own taxes if applicable in their country of residence.
Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Spectators can watch the tournament from designated areas.
SATELLITES AND EVENTS
Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
Please check under Qualifiers section on the APT Philippines 2016 Info Page.
Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
Please check under Qualifiers section on the APT Philippines 2016 Info Page.
Are there other events apart from the APT Main Event?
Yes. There will be Cash games, Satellite Tournaments for the Main Event and other Events that will be scheduled for the duration of the APT Event.
Check out the complete Event Schedule.
How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the APT Venue Satellite Events?
For every US$ 3,300 in the prizepool, One (1) seat to the Main Event seat will be awarded.
What stakes are available for the cash games?
Cash games start off from PHP 25/50 and up.
I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
All seats won through satellites should be used towards qualifying to Day 2 of the Main Event. As long as registration is open, players should use their seats to register.
If a Player has 2 or more seats and has qualified to Day 2, the excess seat/s will be refunded.
What rules do APT Tournaments follow?
The Asian Poker Tour follows the Poker Tournament Directors Association Rules in addition to rules set by the APT. Visit the APT Tournament Rules Page for details.
Are electronic gadgets allowed inside the casino area?
Electronic gadgets such as laptops and tablets are not allowed inside the casino area. Items can be left at the Security office on the ground floor.
Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
Yes, APT merchandise will be sold throughout the duration of the event.
What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
What currency is used in the Philippines?
The primary currency used in the Philippines is the Philippine Peso (PHP).
Is there a dress code during the tournament?
Shorts, sleeveless shirts, flip-flops and chappals are not allowed.
Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Yes. Please contact us for further information.
Entering the Philippines as a Tourist
Do I need a visa to enter the Philippines?
Generally the answer is no; majority of foreign nationals are allowed to enter the Philippines for business and tourism purposes without visas for a duration of twenty-one (21) days provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay.
For the exact details of the allowed duration of stay, please check the following website:
Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
+632 834 4000