APT Kickoff Main Event Structure and Rules
- Where and when will the APT Kickoff be held?
- What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
- Will credit cards be accepted at the for buy ins to APT tournaments?
- What is the game type of the Main Event?
- What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
- What is the maximum number of players?
- Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
- How can a player pre-pay for a seat to the Main Event?
- How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
- How does a player register for an APT event?
- Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events/ satellites?
- Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
- What identification do I need to enter an Asian Poker Tour event?
- What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
- Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the PHP 55,000 Buy In?
- What are the tax implications if a player wins?
- Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Satellites & Events
- Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
- Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
- Are there other events apart from the Main Event?
- How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the Venue Satellite Tournaments?
- What stakes are available for the cash games?
- I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
Entering the Philippines as a Tourist
APT Main Event STRUCTURE & RULES
Where and when will the APT Kickoff 2016 be held?
The APT Kickoff 2016 will be held from January 13th to the 21st at the APT Poker Room Manila located at the Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino in Ermita, Manila, Philippines.
What is the buy-in for the Main Event?
The buy-in for the Main Event is PHP 55,000.
The base currency for the Main Event buy in and all the rest of the buy ins for all tournaments during the APT Kickoff 2016 will be the Philippine Peso. Foreign Exchange services are available at the Casino.
Will credit cards be accepted for buy ins to APT tournaments?
No. Only Philippine Pesos will be accepted by the APT Poker Room Cashier.
What is the game type of the APT Main Event?
The game type for the APT Main Event is No Limit Texas Hold’em.
What is the minimum age to enter an APT event in the Philippines?
The minimum requirement to play in any APT event in the Philippines is 21 years of age.
What is the maximum number of players?
We expect over 200 players to participate. We will accept alternates and late entries until the end of the break before the start of Level 7.
Is it possible to reserve seats for the Main Event?
Players can reserve seats by prepaying, qualifying through land-based and/or online satellites.
How can a player prepay for a seat to the Main Event?
Payment will need to be made by close of business on Friday – January 8, 2016. After this date, you will need to buy in at the venue. Next, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that the payment has been sent, including the following information:
– the bank that the wire is coming from
– the person that the wire is coming from
– exactly what was specified in the “Reference” field of the wire
These will help us in locating your wire.
Wire Transfer Details:
Once the payment has cleared, you will be given the option to choose for your first day of play. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We also accept online payments through Skrill. Please contact us for more info
How can a player verify if his registration has been received and processed?
After sending us your payment information and once payment has been cleared, we will send you a confirmation e-mail that will state receipt of payment as well as the schedule of your 1st day of play.
How does a player register for an APT Event?
Step 1. Register with the Asian Poker Tour
- Players will approach the APT Player Registration Team and fill in the Player Registration/Release Form.
- Players will need to present a valid ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) as proof of identity and age.
- Players will be issued an APT Player Registration Card. Players are advised to keep this card for the duration of the Event and will serve as proof that they have registered with the APT.
- Players will then advise the APT Registration Staff of the tournament/s he/she wants to join. The Players will then be issued Tournament Slips to be brought to the Cashier Cage for payment.
Step 2. Pay for the buy in at the Cashier Cage
- Players will then bring the Tournament Slip to the Cashier.
- Players will pay for their buy in ONLY at the Cashier Cage.
- Once payment has been received and confirmed, the Cashier will stamp the Tournament Slip which will serve as the Tournament Receipt.
Step 3. Present Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for the Seat Card
- Players will present the Tournament Receipt to the Tournament Staff for their Seat Card.
- *The Tournament Staff release seat cards between 5-10 minutes before the start of each tournament
- Please don’t forget to bring a valid ID as this will be required for Tournament Registration as proof of identity and age. To join any APT event in the Philippines, players must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Close of Registration
- Main Event registration will close at the start of round 7.
- Satellites, rebuy and/or add-on event registration will close at the end of the first break.
- Registration for all other events will close at the start of round 7.
Do I still need to register even though I’m only going to participate in the side events?
All players who wish to play in any tournament an APT Event are required to fill out the Player Registration/Release Form.
Can registered players waive their rights to their seats in favour of somebody else?
If a registered player cannot make it to the event for whatever reason, they should inform the APT by phone or by e-mail. A paid (direct buy in) player can normally waive their rights to the seat in favour of someone else granted that he provides the recipient with an affidavit of transfer and a photocopy of the registered player’s ID. Both these documents should be presented by the recipient along with the recipient’s ID during registration so that the transfer can be processed.
For LAND-BASED qualifiers, transfer/assignment of seats will depend on the terms specified by the Sponsor (i.e. Poker Room the seat/package was won from).
For ONLINE qualifiers, please refer to the terms & conditions of the poker room from which they qualified.
What identification do I need to enter an APT Event?
Any government issued ID with the Player’s complete name, date of birth and nationality will suffice (Passport, Driver’s License, etc.).
What is the tournament structure of the Main Event?
The structure will be as follows:
Starting Chips: 20,000
Starting Blinds: 25-50
Level Duration: 60 minutes
This is subject to change without notice.
Can eliminated players re-enter the tournament by re-registering and purchasing the US$ 1,100 buy-in?
Yes. Main Event Re-Entry Policy:
- Same Day Re-Entry is ALLOWED before the start of Round 7.
- Day 1B – allows Re-Entry from Day 1A Qualifiers to Day 2.
- Players Qualifying to Day 2 with 2 Stacks will play the greater stack and the lesser stack will be removed from play.
What are the tax implications if a player wins?
Players are responsible for their own taxes if applicable in their country of residence.
Is there an area where people can watch the ongoing tournament?
Spectators can watch the tournament from designated areas.
SATELLITES AND EVENTS
Are there land-based satellites for the Event? Where?
Please check under Qualifiers section on the APT Kickoff 2016 Info Page.
Are there online satellites for the Main Event? Which online clients conduct satellites?
Please check under Qualifiers section on the APT Kickoff 2016 Info Page.
Are there other events apart from the APT Main Event?
Yes. There will be Cash games, Satellite Tournaments for the Main Event and other Events that will be scheduled for the duration of the APT Event.
Check out the complete Event Schedule.
How many Main Event seats will be guaranteed in the APT Venue Satellite Events?
For every PHP 50,000 in the prize pool, One (1) seat to the Main Event seat will be awarded.
What stakes are available for the cash games?
No limit hold’em PHP 10/20 and up blinds available upon demand
I have a paid seat or won a seat to the Main Event but would like to play in the satellites, what happens if I win another seat?
All Main Event seats won through satellites should be used towards making it to Day 2 of the Main Event. As long as registration is open, players are obliged to use satellite seats to register.
If a Player has 2 or more seats and has made it to to Day 2 of the Main Event, the excess seat/s will be refunded.
John won 2 Main Event seats through different satellites.
Scenario 1: John uses his first seat to register for Day 1A of the Main Event. At the end of Day 1A, he is able to make it to Day 2 of the Main Event. John can either use his second Main Event seat to register on Day 1B and try to make it to Day 2 again and get a bigger stack. Or he now has the option to cash out the monetary value of his second seat since he has made it to Day 2.
Scenario 2: He uses the first seat on Day 1A of the Main Event. If he busts out of the Main Event and registration is open, he is obligated to use the second seat to register again for Day 1A before registration closes.
Scenario 3: If John busts out of Day 1A of the Main Event after the close of registration, he is then obligated to use his second Main Event seat to register for Day 1B of the Main Event.
What rules do APT Tournaments follow?
The Asian Poker Tour follows the Poker Tournament Directors Association Rules in addition to rules set by the APT. Visit the APT Tournament Rules Page for details.
Will there be Asian Poker Tour merchandise for sale at the event?
Yes, APT merchandise will be sold throughout the duration of the event.
What hotel accommodations would be available for non-resident players?
How to get to the venue?
The APT Poker Room is located within the PAGCOR Casino at the Manila Pavilion Hotel in Ermita, Manila. It is less than an hour’s drive from the various airport terminals.
What currency is used in the Philippines?
The currency used in the Philippines is the Philippine Peso along with all gaming (including poker) is conducted in Philippine Pesos.
Will media entities be allowed to cover the event?
Yes. Please contact us for further information.
Entering the Philippines as a Tourist
Do I need a visa to enter the Philippines?
Generally the answer is no; majority of foreign nationals are allowed to enter the Philippines for business and tourism purposes without visas for a duration of twenty-one (21) days provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay.
For the exact details of the allowed duration of stay, please check the following website:
Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
+632 834 4000